Wow Wow Wow!
How to describe the Bali Spirit Festival to someone who has not yet had the supreme fortune to attend this festival themselves....... YET.
I say yet because if this post inspires you even a little you WILL be there in person some time in the future.
Our beautiful product partner we'ar yoga clothing make organic, ethically and environmentally friendly stylish yoga clothing in Bali initially inspired me to attend this festival. They took some great footage at the festival and with The Yoga Barns founder Charlie Patton. You can see this footage on last years blog post about the Bali spirit festival with film maker Jason Moon.
Upon arriving in Ubud I had to visit we'ar signature store on Hanoman street, Ubud. Their unique signage and stylish decor cannot be missed, their location opposite and slightly north of the well known clean eating cafe KAFE, also known as the food subsidiary of The Yoga Barn.
The festival itself was a 5km scooter ride out of town at an amazing grassed location Purnati Centre of the Arts, Batuan.
This venue had 7 independent areas for a very broad schedule of classes to take place and a large swimming pool also blessed the location.
This year the festival dates were March 20th til March 24. The extensive timetable began at 8am and closed at 5pm each day with a HUGE array of spirit classes ranging from yoga, Qi Gong, sound healing, Capoeira, self development master classes, singing, african drumming, conscious being and many others. The teachers are experts in their fields from around the world.
The night celebrations began again in Ubud at ARMA(Agung Rai Museum of Art) a beautiful location in the city of Ubud, so could be easily reached on foot from most hotels. World re known artists and bands united to deliver blessings through some kirtan and music for the ears. Some of these included Kevin James, OKA, Medicine for the People and new comer Dustin Thomas, a brilliant up and coming talent from Hawaii who blessed us with his easy to learn lyrics and unique uplifting voice.
I could write an extremely long post about all of the parts of The Bali Spirit Festival that touched my heart and uplifted my spirit.
Here are some of the highlights of my experience there this year:
- The people of Bali being so peaceful and gracious
- The approachability of all mentors and teachers
- Amazing CLEAN food
- The healing huts- chiropractors to clairvoyants to help with any necessary healing.
- Seeing we'ar yoga clothing being worn and loved all over Ubud and as a key outfit at the Bali Spirit Festival
- Classes I was fortunate to attend which have made a lasting impression on my spirit are:
- Les Leventhal Vinyasa Flow Yoga- USA (Ganesh is Fresh) www.yogawithles.com
- Michiko Minegeshi (Vinyasa Flow Yoga- Japan) http://www.yogaaid.com/michikominegishi
- Eoin Finn (Yoga surf and Blissology)- Canada www.blissology.com
- John Weddepohl, Self Knowledge Yoga- South Africa www.theyogaco.com
- Charlie Patton Sunday Dance- USA www.theyogabarn.com
- Graduado Noko- Capoeira- Indonesia/Brazil www.capoeirabali.com
- Jamie Catto Inspirational Speaker- UK www.jamiecatto.com;
- Igor Olivier Ezendam from Holland and Italy www.feelingsound.com
I highly recommend any of these instructors DVD's practices and knowledge to anyone looking for direction, instruction or mentoring.
Will I attend Bali Spirit Festival again????? ABSOLUTELY!!!! It is a very refreshing, soul/physical nurturing, experience with AMAZING people.
Thank you Thank you Thank you to ALL of the organizers of Bali spirit Festival! With much love and Blessings
Charlie Patton, Fenti from we'ar and Belinda fro GoodieDo
Belinda's husband Adam showcasing Muchacho(tshirt) and we'ar it moving through the yogi crowd
Another lover of we'ar yoga clothing ordering super healthy nutritious food
Charlie Patton's Sunday Dance with we'ar yoga mens freestyle shorts at Bali Spirit Festival
The night concerts at ARMA!!!